B.A. Honours Geography & B.A. Honours Geography Co-op Learning Outcomes
The BAH in Geography is centered around investigating real-world problems and solutions. This can be accomplished in a theoretical way in a classroom setting but is further authentic and realized through additional hands-on experiences in order to investigate those problems to generate solutions in improving life.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts Honours in Geography program will demonstrate the ability to:
- Observe and communicate Earth as an integrated human-environment system by examining and describing dynamic flows, interactions, and exchanges at different spatial and temporal scales.
- Identify and assess diverse sources of knowledge, arguments, and approaches pertinent to exploring human-environment relations.
- Collect and analyze geographical data and interpret its significance within the context of human-environment change and challenges.
- Communicate spatial data, relationships and frameworks in oral, written and visual forms, including the use of maps and geographic information systems (GIS).
- Analyze, evaluate, and reflect on solutions to geographical questions and human-environment change in diverse settings (e.g. classroom, lab, field, community).
- Investigate complex real-world challenges affecting local, regional, and global communities and apply a diverse skill-set to formulate solutions.
- Describe and illustrate the importance of holistic, integrative human-environment perspectives in geographic inquiry at local, regional, and global scales.
Co-op Learning Outcomes
- Apply inquiry, analysis and problem-solving skills to address geographical problems in a real-world and professional setting.
- Demonstrate personal and professional integrity when considering diverse views and geographic perspectives.
- Reflect on work-integrated learning and connect professional experience to theories and concepts in geography