The Canadian Association of Geographers-Ontario Division is pleased to announce its annual meeting will be hosted by the University of Guelph on October 25-26, 2019. CAGONT 2019 will open with a reception and plenary panel on Friday, Oct. 25. Paper, poster and short research proposal sessions will follow on Saturday, Oct. 26. Please see the conference website: www.uoguelph.ca/geography/cagont-2019; we encourage you to check back to it often for updates.
Early-bird registration is open and will run until 11:59pm on September 24, 2019. Thereafter, regular registration fees will apply. Rates are as follows:
- Early bird: $40 for student/postdoctoral fellows/non-academic; $60 for faculty
- Regular: $50 for students/postdoctoral fellows/non-academic; $80 for faculty
To assist with the cost of attending CAGONT 2019, the CAGONT Executive will be making funding available for students who present papers or posters at CAGONT as first authors and are CAG members. More information will be provided on the conference website soon.
How to participate, including opportunities to organize a special session
CAGONT 2019 welcomes geographers from all areas of the discipline and individuals at all career stages. In addition to attending, you may wish to participate with a paper presentation, poster or short research proposal presentation and/or consider organizing a special session.
- If you would like to organize a special session (e.g., a themed series of research presentations, a panel, a round-table) please email the conference organizers at email@example.com with a session title, short description and the names of all organizers by Friday, September 13, 2019. Accepted special sessions will receive a confirmation email no later than Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
- If you would like to participate with a paper presentation, poster or short research proposal presentation, the deadline to submit an abstract is Friday, October 4, 2019 at 11:59pm. Please use this form for submissions: https://forms.gle/XNNNe9Kmrqq6EiWPA. Please note that you must also register for the conference (see information above).
The CAGONT 2019 sessions on Saturday, Oct. 26 will feature paper presentations, posters and short thesis proposal presentations.
- Paper presentations will feature in sessions wherein each presenter will have 15 minutes to present with 5 minutes maximum for questions.
- Posters will feature in sessions wherein the author is encouraged to be present to discuss with those interested.
- Short thesis proposal presentations will feature in sessions wherein each presenter has 7 minutes with 2 minutes maximum for questions.
ALL submissions must include a 250 word (maximum) abstract and be submitted using this abstract submission form: https://forms.gle/XNNNe9Kmrqq6EiWPA. The abstract submission form will request the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Institutional Affiliation
- The title of your paper/poster/thesis proposal
- Your 250 word (maximum) abstract
- Up to five keywords (separated by commas)
- Whether the submission is part of a special session
- If the submission is part of a special session, to list the special session title and organizers
Please proofread abstracts carefully as they will not be edited before appearing in the program. The abstract submission form will close at Friday October 4, 2019 at 11:59pm. Late submissions will not be accepted.
IMPORTANT: only submissions by financially registered participants will be included in the program; please note that registration will open the week of September 2, 2019 and takes place through an online system that will be available here: www.uoguelph.ca/geography/cagont-2019-registration.