Geography @Guelph is housed in the Hutt Building on the University of Guelph main campus, next to the University Centre. The building provides an administrative area, office space for faculty and graduate students, as well as research laboratories and other space to support the department’s commitment to experiential learning.
Our facilities, resources and services include:
- Geomatics Teaching Facilities
- Physical Geography Teaching Facilities
- Research Facilities
- Climate and Ecosystem Dynamics Research Laboratory
- University of Guelph Centre for Hydrogeomatics
- Jaclyn Cockburn's Lab
- Kate Parizeau's "Social Life of Waste" project
- Evan Fraser's "Feeding Nine Billion"
- Specialized survey equipment including ground-based LiDAR, RTK-GPS, total station, and hand-held mapping GPS
- Traditional survey and geomorphology equipment
- Teaching classroom and three seminar rooms
- Technician’s shop
- GIS specialist Adam Bonnycastle
- Cartographic & GIS Office
- Cartographic and Design Services offers same day printing and laminating. Map, diagram and poster production available, call 52175 for a quote or visit the Cartographic Office Rm 239 Hutt Bldg.